Applicable Delphix Versions
- Click here to view the versions of the Delphix engine to which this article applies
Major Release All Sub Releases
22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
For various reasons, the hostname of the Delphix Engine may need to be changed. This article provides the procedure to do so.
1. All the VDBs provisioned from the engine must be disabled. This will shut them down and remove any NFS mounts used by the VDB.
2. All dSources linked to the engine must be disabled. No snap sync operations will be performed while the dSources are disabled.
3. Log into the Delphix CLI using your sysadmin account. You can find instructions on how to do this at "Connecting to the CLI".
4. Enter the following commands into the command line interface to set a new hostname for the Delphix Engine.
dlpx01> network dlpx01 network> setup dlpx01 network setup> ls Properties defaultRoute: 192.168.0.1 dhcp: false dnsDomain: plb.internal dnsServers: 192.168.0.111,184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11 hostname: dlpx01 primaryAddress: 192.168.0.109/24 Operations update dlpx01 network setup> update dlpx01 network setup update *> set hostname=newhostname dlpx01 network setup update *> commit
5. Re-enable the VDBs and dSources running from the engine.