1. Adjust a running virtual database's (VDB's) init.ora parameters just as you would with any Oracle database
- ssh to that target server as the oracle user
- set your environment
- PATH... etc
- sqlplus / as sysdba
- alter system set <parameter> scope=<spfile|memory|both>
Note: You may have to restart the instance to pick up the new setting if the scope was spfile.
3.Updating VDB config template to ensure this parameter change persists across provisions or refreshes
- log into the Delphix Engine GUI
- Go to Manage > VDB Config Templates
- Select the template you would like to update and click to edit it.
- Once done editing hit the check mark and then Save
For more information on templates see: Customizing Oracle VDB Configuration Settings