When upgrading to Oracle 12c databases may optionally be converted to multitenant database. When this is done, the database will be converted to a Pluggable Database and attached to a CDB.
The Delphix Engine does not support migrating an existing dSource from a non multitenant database to a multitenant database. Due to this any dSource which has been converted as part of an upgrade must be unlinked then re-imported to Delphix, as if it was a new database. For general process of upgrading dSources see Upgrading dSources after an Oracle Upgrade.
The following issues may arise from this process.
- VDBs created from 11g non multitenant dSource will need to be recreated against the 12c multitenant dSource.
- Self-Service configurations will need to be rebuilt against 12c multitenant dSource.
- Bookmarks created against 11g dSource/VDBs will not be compatible with 12c dSource/VDBs.
- It will not be possible to rewind/refresh across the migration.
As these limitations exist, any migration to multitenant sources must be carefully planned to ensure continuity of service for VDBs, especially if Self-Service is being used. Delphix recommends the following process
- Unlink dSource database.
VDBs will continue to operate as before, however it will only be able to refresh up to the latest fetched archive log.
- Upgrade source database as per instructions from Oracle.
- Refresh source Environment.
This should discover the new 12c Multitenant dSource.
- Link new PDB dSource as per, see Linking an Oracle Pluggable Database
- When VDBs are ready to be refreshed, they should either be deleted (this will remove all snapshot ) or recreated.
If VDB snapshots must be maintained, then stop the existing VDB and create a new VDB.
- If Self-Service is being used, then create a new configuration for the Multitenant database and move uses to the new configuration as required.
|5.2||184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11|