To define XML Data you either need access to FTP/SFTP or you need to contact Delphix Support to assist in creating the file on the local file system.
To Define XML Data in a CLOB
To define an XML schema in the masking engine:
- Import File Format
- Save a sample of the XML to an XML file, i.e. sample.xml, and make sure it is well-formed.
- Open the Masking Engine.
- Navigate to Settings, select File Format, and click Import Format.
Fill in details.
- Click Browse for the file and import the XML file created.
The engine knows how the XML structure, you can define the XML schema to your CLOB in the Inventory screen.
- Update Inventory to the the imported XML schema
- Go to the Inventory screen and select the Rule Set and table with the CLOB.
- Click on Edit on the CLOB containing the XML.
- In the Edit Properties screen and in the dropdown User Defined Data Type (at the bottom) select XML Content from file format.
- Another dropdown opens called XML formats. (select the file you imported in Step 3 above)
- Click Save.
You are now ready to define the masking algorithms to your fields in the XML.