This page details how to collect the Support Bundle and other details from the Masking Engine.
The preferred method:
- Collect a Support Bundle.
The following topics assist when the Support Bundle fails:
- Collect Job Logs from the Monitor page.
- Collect Application Logs from the Admin tab.
- Collect Masking Inventory.
- Upload the collected data to Delphix Support.
The Support Bundle process has been improved in version 6 and has been available on all recent masking engines from version 5.0. The bundle can be downloaded using the Delphix Setup User Interface (UI) or the CLI.
Generating the Support Bundle using the UI
- Depending on the Masking version:
- Version 6 and above:
- Click Setup on the Masking Login page.
- On older versions:
- Open the Virtualization (Delphix) Engine UI (see below for details).
- Navigate to the System Setup interface by clicking the Server Setup or Setup hyperlink (will vary depending on the version).
- Version 6 and above:
- Log in using your sysadmin user ID and password (VE user).
- Click Support Bundle in the menu bar.
- Select Transfer or Download.
- Enter the Case Number and click OK.
The best practice is to always enter the case number.
Accessing the Virtualization Engine
The Support Bundle can be accessed from the Virtualization Engine (VE) UI (all Masking Engines have an inactive Virtualization Engine). You need to change the URL in the browser by removing everything including and after 8282 in the URL path (similar to below).
|Version||ME URL||VE URL|
|All versions up to 5.2:
Most 5.3 versions:
Generating Support Bundle from the CLI
Generating the Support Bundle
- Open a Terminal window to the engine.
- Log in using the sysadmin user ID and password (VE user).
- Navigate to service/support/bundle.
- Optional - check the details using 'ls'.
- Set the caseNumber.
- Issue Commit.
If the Support Bundle fails please follow these steps to collect support data.
Masking Logs from Monitor Page
The Monitor page has two panes:
- Workflow Job
- Transformation Jobs (one per table)
The second pane (Transformation Job) is our prime focus as the job usually fails during the Transformation step.
To view the Transformation Logs, click the Error icon which displays the Transformation Log Error Report.
Application Logs from Admin Tab
On most engines, the Application Logs are accessible from the UI allowing you the possibility to export the logs.
To collect application logs:
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click Logs.
This opens a screen similar to one below.
- Search for the error on the screen or click Export to collect the logs.
The Masking Inventory can be exported and will display columns with indexes and the algorithms used.
Note that this feature is available in all masking versions.
To collect masking inventory:
- Navigate to the Inventory tab.
- Select the Rule Set.
- Click Export and Save the file.
- Upload the collected file to Delphix Support.
Upload Collected Data to Delphix Support
For data that needs to be uploaded please use these instructions.
This can be done using the browser using two methods:
- Using support-tickets.delphix.com.
- Using upload.delphix.com site.
Open the case in the browser and drag and drop the file into the case.
This option is available for files up to 20 MB in size.
Upload using upload.delphix.com
For this option, upload the file to the Delphix Support website for review by support personnel.
To perform the uploads, we recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 or newer browsers:
- In your Web browser, navigate to http://upload.delphix.com.
- Enter the Case number (optional, but notification is added to the case specified once the support bundle has reached upload.delphix.com).
- Click Add Files and browse to the support bundle file.
You can also drag the file directly onto the upload screen and it will automatically begin to upload.
- Selecting the file, click Start Upload.
Uploading using FTP
In the instance that upload through web interface is unavailable, an SFTP server is available for data transfer.
User credentials can be requested as needed from Delphix Support through an existing or new case.
To upload using FTP:
- Connect to ftp.delphix.com using sftp or your preferred desktop client.
- Enter the user credentials received from Support when prompted.
- Change into the upload directory using the command: 'cd upload'.
- Transfer the file(s) using the command: 'put [FILENAME]'.
- Logout when the bundle upload has completed.
$ sftp <username>@ftp.delphix.com <username>@ftp.delphix.com's password: Connected to ftp.delphix.com sftp> cd upload sftp> put [FILENAME] sftp> exit
Collecting Logs on Older Versions
On older versions (usually called Fast Stack ) the logs can be accessed at the logs folder. The user usually has access to the engine and can perform these tasks.
Depending on OS and version, this can be in any of these or similar locations:
Please tar or zip up these folders.