This page helps in collecting error details and support bundle from the Masking Engine, with step-by-step details on how to:
- Collect Support Bundle.
The following topics assist when the Support Bundle fails:
- Collect Job Logs from Monitor page.
- Collect Application Logs from Admin tab.
- Collect Masking Inventory.
- Upload Collected Data to Delphix Support.
Collect - Support Bundle
The Support Bundle process is available on all recent masking engines from version 5.0 and higher. The bundle can be downloaded using the Virtualization Engine User Interface (UI).
Accessing the Support Bundle from the UI
The Support Bundle can be accessed from the Virtualization Engine UI (all masking engines have an inactive Virtualization Engine). You need to change the URL in the browser by removing everything after and including 8282 in the URL path (similar to below).
|URL all versions up to 5.2:
URL some 5.3 versions:
URL 5.3.4 onwards:
To change URL to Virtualization (Delphix) Engine:
- Open the Virtualization (Delphix) Engine UI in a browser (as above).
- Log in using your ID or delphix_admin.
- Click Help > Support Logs.
- Select Transfer or Download.
- Enter the Case Number and click OK.
Best practice is to always enter the case number.
Collect - Masking Logs from Monitor Page
The Monitor page has two panes:
- Workflow Job
- Transformation Jobs (one per table)
The second pane (Transformation Job) is our prime focus as the job usually fails during the Transformation step.
To view the Transformation Logs, click the Error icon which displays Transformation Log Error Report.
Collect - Application Logs from Admin Tab
On most engines, the Application Logs are accessible from the UI allowing you the possibility to export the logs.
To collect application logs:
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click Logs.
This opens a screen similar to one below.
- Search for the error on the screen or click Export to collect the logs.
Collect - Masking Inventory
The Masking Inventory can be exported and will display columns with indexes and the algorithms used.
Note that this feature is available in all masking versions.
To collect masking inventory:
- Go to the Inventory tab.
- Select the Rule Set.
- Click Export and Save the file.
- Upload the collected file to Delphix support.
Upload Collected Data to Delphix Support
Upload files to the Support Case. This can be done using the browser using two methods:
- Using support-tickets.delphix.com.
- Using upload.delphix.com site.
Open the case in the browser and drag and drop the file into the case.
This option is available for files up to 20 MB in size.
Upload using upload.delphix.com
For this option, upload the file to the Delphix Support website for review by support personnel.
To perform the uploads, we recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 or newer. browsers:
- In your Web browser, go to http://upload.delphix.com.
- Enter the Case number (optional, but notification is added to the case specified once the support bundle has reached upload.delphix.com)
- Click Add Files and browse to the support bundle file.
You can also drag the file directly onto the upload screen and it will automatically begin to upload.
- Selecting the file, click Start Upload.
Collecting Logs on Older Versions
On older versions (usually called Fast Stack ) the logs can be accessed at the logs folder. The user usually have access to the engine and can perform these tasks.
Depending on OS and version this can be in any of these or similar locations:
Please tar or zip up these folders.