This page has been created to assist in collecting error details and support bundle from the Masking Engine.
The page describes how to:
- Collect Support Bundle
- Collect Job Logs from Monitor page
- Collect Application Logs from Admin tab
- Collect Masking Inventory
- Upload collected data to Delphix Support
File Names and Case Number
If you include any relevant case numbers in the file name, it will help us diagnose the issue more quickly.
Collect Support Bundle
The Support Bundle process is available on all recent masking engines from version 5.0 and higher. The bundle can be downloaded using the Virtualization Engine User Interface (UI).
How to access the Support Bundle from the UI?
Since the Support Bundle can be accessed from the Virtualization Engine UI (all masking engines have an inactive Virtualization Engine) we just need to change the URL in the browser by removing everything after and including 8282 in the URL path (similar to below).
Note: on 5.3 and higher the masking URL is '
Masking Engine URL:
Change URL to Virtualization (Delphix) Engine :
Then follow these steps:
- Open the Virtualization (Delphix) Engine UI in a browser (see above).
- Log in using your id or delphix_admin,
- Open the menu Help and click Support Logs.
- Select Transfer or Download.
- Enter the Case Number and click Ok
- Always enter the case number.
Collect Job Logs from Monitor page
There are two panes on the Monitor page.
- Workflow Job
- Transformation Jobs (one per table)
Usually, it's the second one we are interested in as the job usually fails in the Transformation step.
- Click on the error icon for the Transformation Logs (see below).
Collect Application Logs from Admin Tab
On most engines, the Application Logs are accessible from the UI and it is also possible to Export the logs.
In the Masking Engine UI:
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click sub menu Logs.
A screen similar to the one below should open. From here, either search for the error on the screen or export the logs by clicking the Export button.
Collect Masking Inventory
The Masking Inventory can be exported and will show columns with indexes and what algorithms have been used.
This feature is available in all masking versions.
- Go to the Inventory tab.
- Select the Rule Set.
- Click Export and save the file.
Upload the collected file to Delphix support (see below).
Upload collected data to Delphix Support
Upload files to the case can be done using the browser in two different ways:
- Using Zendesk.
- Using upload.delpix.com site.
Open the case in the browser and drag and drop the file into the case.
This option is available for files up to 20 MB in size.
For the second option, upload the file to the Delphix Support website to be reviewed by support personnel.
We recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 or newer to perform the upload.
- In your Web browser, go to http://upload.delphix.com.
- Enter the Case number (optional, but notification is added to the case specified once the support bundle has reached upload.delphix.com)
- Click Add Files and browse to the support bundle file.
You can also drag the file directly onto the upload screen and it will automatically begin to upload.
- After selecting the file, click Start Upload.
On older versions - usually called Fast Stack - the logs can be accessed at the logs folder. The user usually have access to the engine and can perform these tasks.
Depending on OS and version this can be in any of these or similar locations:
Please tar or zip up these folders.