A Support Bundle contains a diagnostic package containing logs and other data that can be used by Delphix Support to aid in analysis and remediation of problems. Although not all issues can be addressed from the data contained in this bundle, it is a best practice to generate and upload this data when requesting Delphix Support assistance.
Applicable Delphix Versions
- Click here to view the versions of the Delphix engine to which this article applies
Major Release All Sub Releases 6.0 188.8.131.52
How to Create a Support Bundle in a Kurbernetes Setting
- Run the kubernetes command:
kubectl exec -it <pod name> -c app -- /bin/bash /opt/delphix/masking/bin/generate_container_support_bundle.sh
where <pod_name> is the customer-assigned name of the kubernetes pod running the masking containers.
- This command will create a time stamped compressed tar archive (tarball) on the app container's filesystem in the /var/delphix/masking directory. To find the exact file name, first run a command:
kubectl exec -it <pod name> -c app -- find /var/delphix/masking/ -name 'dlpx-support-*'
where <pod_name> is the pod running the Delphix masking containers. For example:
kubectl exec delphix-masking-0 -c app -- find /var/delphix/masking/ -name 'dlpx-support-*' /var/delphix/masking/dlpx-support-564d9d19-bcdf-1cec-4591-7b561c129202-20211201-22-14-10.tar.gz
- The tarball can then be copied out of the pod by entering the command:
kubectl cp <pod_name>:<tarball path name> -c app <local path name>
where <tarball path name> is the desired path name obtained from the prior step, for example using the path from the previous example:
kubectl exec delphix-masking-0:/var/delphix/masking/dlpx-support-564d9d19-bcdf-1cec-4591-7b561c129202-20211201-22-14-10.tar.gz dlpx-support-564d9d19-bcdf-1cec-4591-7b561c129202-20211201-22-14-10.tar.gz
Uploading the File Using the Delphix Upload Portal
To upload the log file:
As necessary, transfer the desired file(s) to be uploaded to a system with Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or other compatible browser.
Using your Web browser, navigate to https://upload.delphix.com.
- (Optional) In the Case field, enter the Support Case Number if the bundle is being created in response to a specific support case.
Notification is automatically added to the case specified, once the file has been transferred and processed.
- Click Add Files and browser to the desired support bundle file.
Alternatively, you can drag the file directly onto the Upload screen and it will automatically begin to upload.
5. Click Add Files and browse to the support bundle file.
Alternately, you can also drag the file directly onto the Upload screen and it will automatically begin to upload.
6. Select the file and click Start Upload.
Uploading using FTP
If upload through web interface is unavailable, an SFTP server is available for data transfer.
User credentials can be requested as needed from Delphix Support through an existing or new case.
Basics of using FTP:
- Connect to ftp.delphix.com using sftp, psftp, pscp, or your preferred desktop client.
- Enter the user credentials received from Support when prompted.
- Transfer the file(s) using the command: 'put [FILENAME]' or whatever method is applicable for your client.
- Logout when the bundle upload has completed.
$ sftp <username>@ftp.delphix.com <username>@ftp.delphix.com's password: <enter your password here> Connected to ftp.delphix.com sftp> put <FILENAME> sftp> exit