This feature has been deprecated from the Masking Engine. It is better and now required to build a custom solution to mask this XML in a database field. It is still possible to mask the complete XML document using the Secure Lookup algorithm (this will replace one XML document with a masked XML document).
Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager/Director if assistance is needed.
Old 5.x Content
To define XML Data you either need access to FTP/SFTP or you need to contact Delphix Support to assist in creating the file on the local file system.
To Define XML Data in a CLOB
To define an XML schema in the masking engine:
- Import File Format
- Save a sample of the XML to an XML file, i.e. sample.xml, and make sure it is well-formed.
- Open the Masking Engine.
- Navigate to Settings, select File Format, and click Import Format.
Fill in the details.
- Click Browse for the file and import the XML file created.
The engine knows how the XML structure, you can define the XML schema to your CLOB in the Inventory screen.
- Update Inventory to the imported XML schema
- Go to the Inventory screen and select the Rule Set and table with the CLOB.
- Click on Edit on the CLOB containing the XML.
- In the Edit Properties screen and in the dropdown User-Defined Data Type (at the bottom) select XML Content from the file format.
- Another dropdown opens called XML formats. (select the file you imported in Step 3 above)
- Click Save.
You are now ready to define the masking algorithms to your fields in the XML.